New Director Support
We will make new technology leaders feel supported.
- We will develop systems and processes to mentor new technology leaders
- We will have targeted and frequent communication to new leaders, members, and the Google+ community.
We will increase the capacity of the current/future technology leaders.
- We will provide collaborative professional learning opportunities within existing professional learning experiences.
- We will engage members to identify professional learning needs and provide the correlated professional learning.
We will increase the number of CETLs and the value of the credential in Wisconsin.
- We will develop a sustainable process to fund the preparation and successful completion of the CETL exam while also recognizing successful candidates.
We will increase partnerships with business
- We will generate a database of existing/new business partners to target specific to Wisconsin School District needs.
- We will define and create a document of ways business vendors can support WETL.
- We will Identify professional learning opportunities that business partners can provide.
We will increase work partnerships with other state organizations.
- We will generate of educational leadership groups to target partnerships with in years 1, 2, and 3.
- We will Identify and schedule regular potential collaboration, communication and professional learning opportunities.
- We will define specific collaboration opportunities aligned to each group’s strategic goals.
IT Workforce Development
We will work with stakeholders to increase advocacy for IT workforce development.
- We will investigate current initiatives and critical partners around IT workforce development.
- We will collaborate with other statewide partners on an action plan to support IT workforce development.
- We will highlight school district exemplar pipeline student programs for IT workforce development.
We will increase technology leader representation and participation at the state and national level.
- We will create an annual local and national schedule of events and recruit WETL representatives to attend.
- We will develop a toolkit for technology leadership involvements in state and national advocacy.
We will increase communication and awareness of policies at the state and national level.
- We will create an advocacy web page and update the new website with current policy and funding information.
- We will author electronic communication regarding policy and
funding with suggested action steps for members at least quarterly.
- We will collaborate with organizations with common advocacy
We will increase WETL involvement in shaping policy at the state and national level.
- We will annually create a plan to support CoSN’s vision EdTech advocacy.
- We will research and develop a system for participating in policy creation.
- We will create educational mechanisms to increase awareness among stakeholders.
- We will promote the CETL certification as a state-recognized license alternative.
- Promote membership in WETL
- Monitor membership trends
- Propose methods of increasing membership in WETL
- Develop member benefits and promote communication within and beyond WETL membership
- Propose methods of communication between the Board of Directors and WETL members
- Identify topics of interest to WETL members and Provide for publications and other means of communication for WETL
- Identify and study current issues that affect education in Wisconsin and WETL
- Propose issues for organizational direction and action
- Formulate position statements for approval by the Board, which are based upon research and compatible with the positions of CoSN
- Establish and develop contact with federal and state legislators in order to inform legislative issues.
- Develop and maintain the WETL website and associated graphics and information
- Work with CoSN to develop press releases and other communication
- Work with other state organizations to promote WETL presentations and educational offerings
- Work with the Wisconsin DPI to promote conference opportunities
Professional Learning and Leadership
- Work with members on CETL testing and preparation
- Mentor other state organizations on issues surrounding educational technology
- Plan the WETL CTO boot camp each spring
- Highlight CoSN educational offerings
- Develop anchor lessons illustrating state of the art educational activities that leverage instructional technologies
- Provide a clearinghouse service with questions and information helping districts hire quality CTO staff
- Provide guidance on the evaluation of technology and vendor support
- Serve as a coordinating and planning committee for the Board of Directors
- Serve as a decision- making body between meetings of the Board of Directors for action which the Chair deems urgent and not requiring full Board approval
- Assume such other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors