WETL Upcoming Events
Sunday, March 12, 2023
09:30 AM – 04:30 PM
Kalahari Resort & Convention Center
1305 Kalahari Drive
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965 US
9:40-10:10 Keynote (State of the State in IT) – Alan Greenberg
10:15-12:30 Workshop : “How to run a Tabletop exercise in your district” (conducted with WI Cyber Response Team)
12:30-1:30 Lunch – 30 min time slot for national sponsor
1:30-2:30 Panel : Sustainability: History of WETL & Advice for early career CTO’s
2:30-3:00 Roundtables Session #1
3:00-3:30 Roundtables Session #2
3:30-4:30 Social hour
3:30-3:45 Annual WETL meeting : Board elections / financial update / bylaw changes
CTO Clinics® is an in-depth professional development event for district technology leaders. Delivered in conjunction with CoSN, the clinics enable attendees to:
- Hear about emerging technology trends, particularly within Wisconsin
- Receive the latest information on using technology to create effective learning environments
- Network with peers and the private sector
CETL Study Group
A partnership between WETL, WI DPI, school districts, and business partners has been developed to support the professional learning needs of leaders in the educational technology field. By participating in CoSN/WETL Certified Educational Technology Leader learning cohorts, individuals will be better prepared to sit for the CETL Examination.
Please follow the link below to sign up for our WETL CETL study group, registration is limited and closes THREE WEEKS prior to each study session.
Three eight-week CETL study sessions are available.
The WETL CETL Learning Cohort is FREE to the first 12 members to register. All CETL materials and weekly learning cohort meetings are FREE for WETL members. (If you aren’t sure if you have an active membership, please email email@example.com.) There are CETL CoSN materials available for purchase directly through CoSN (not required). Participants will be expected to pay up front for the CETL Exam costs. Upon successful completion of the CETL Learning Cohort and CETL Certification as indicated by the course facilitator, WETL will reimburse you for $299 cost of the exam (member rate). If professional development costs are part of your school district’s responsibility, WETL will not reimburse the school district.
Prior to registering for the CETL Learning Cohort, please make sure that you meet the following criteria:
- Are a current WETL Member
- Are currently working in a leadership position in the field of technology
- Are available to attend 90% of the virtual study sessions
- This includes active participation in group discussions. Participants who are unable to commit to attending the weekly study sessions will be removed from the course. This determination is made by the WETL Executive Board.
- Plan to take the CETL exam within 6 months of the first study session. This course is reserved for individuals who are committed to earning the CETL certification.
- Are willing to complete required reading outside/online course modules of the study sessions to fully participate in group discussions. The benefit of this course comes from the collaborative process between participants and the instructor.