WETL Upcoming Events
March 1st, 2020
Join WETL for the annual COSN WI CTO clinic. This year the clinic will focus on Cyber Security as a basic skill. We welcome Ryan Cloutier as our guest speeker. Cloutier has been into technology as long as he can remember. “I built my first PC at age eight, wrote my first software at age nine, compromised my first system at nine-and-a-half….I worked in a variety of jobs: software development, data base administration, software engineering, business intelligence and advanced to senior architect in the for-profit industry.”
As a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), a respected speaker and security advisor, Cloutier believes he has the “coolest job in the world….It’s like a real-life video game. We get to pick locks, solve puzzles and catch the bad guys.” He holds the CISSP credential and is the current chair of the Consortium for School Networking (CoSN) Cyber Security Advisory Panel.
The clinic will take place prior to Brainstorm on Sunday March 1st and includes Lunch and a networking reception after the event.
CETL Study Group
A partnership between WETL, WI DPI, school districts, and business partners has been developed to support the professional learning needs of leaders in the educational technology field. By participating in CoSN/WETL Certified Educational Technology Leader learning cohorts, individuals will be better prepared to sit for the CETL Examination.
Please follow the link below to sign up for our WETL CETL study group, registration is limited and closes THREE WEEKS prior to each study session.
Three eight-week CETL study sessions are available.
The WETL CETL Learning Cohort is FREE to the first 12 members to register. All CETL materials and weekly learning cohort meetings are FREE for WETL members. (If you aren’t sure if you have an active membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.) There are CETL CoSN materials available for purchase directly through CoSN (not required). Participants will be expected to pay up front for the CETL Exam costs. Upon successful completion of the CETL Learning Cohort and CETL Certification as indicated by the course facilitator, WETL will reimburse you for $299 cost of the exam (member rate). If professional development costs are part of your school district’s responsibility, WETL will not reimburse the school district.
Prior to registering for the CETL Learning Cohort, please make sure that you meet the following criteria:
- Are a current WETL Member
- Are currently working in a leadership position in the field of technology
- Are available to attend 90% of the virtual study sessions
- This includes active participation in group discussions. Participants who are unable to commit to attending the weekly study sessions will be removed from the course. This determination is made by the WETL Executive Board.
- Plan to take the CETL exam within 6 months of the first study session. This course is reserved for individuals who are committed to earning the CETL certification.
- Are willing to complete required reading outside/online course modules of the study sessions to fully participate in group discussions. The benefit of this course comes from the collaborative process between participants and the instructor.